Since January, when MIT and the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) finalized an agreement for the redevelopment of the Volpe parcel in Kendall Square, an active effort has been underway to collect input about the future of the 14-acre site. Now, after five months of meetings and the consideration of feedback from two key working groups (one MIT-based, and one Cambridge-based), the Institute has officially filed a mixed-use rezoning petition for the parcel, which is located near MIT’s campus.
- 2020 Volpe (Virtual) Block Party Recap September 23, 2020
- First step on Volpe parcel planned for 2019 February 5, 2019
- Cambridge City Council approves MIT’s petition for Volpe Center rezoning October 26, 2017
- City Council Greenlights Volpe Redevelopment October 25, 2017
- MIT makes big promises to Cambridge if Volpe plan OK’d October 16, 2017