The Massachusetts Institute of Technology will pay $750 million to gain the rights to redevelop the Volpe Center 14-acre land parcel in Kendall Square, MIT and the U.S. General Services Administration announced this morning. The parcel is the last major undeveloped area in Kendall, and the timing of the agreement reflects a concerted push to finish the deal in the last days of the Obama administration after a multi-year procurement process to select a bidder.
- 2020 Volpe (Virtual) Block Party Recap September 23, 2020
- First step on Volpe parcel planned for 2019 February 5, 2019
- Cambridge City Council approves MIT’s petition for Volpe Center rezoning October 26, 2017
- City Council Greenlights Volpe Redevelopment October 25, 2017
- MIT makes big promises to Cambridge if Volpe plan OK’d October 16, 2017